Tuesday 19 July 2011

Pretty Paisley

Hello, and welcome!

It's that time of the week again.....er...it is Wednesday, isn't it?......so that means I'm gonna show you my DT card for today's post at stretchnbubbles.blogspot.com.....OH! I am so enjoyin' being on the team....and I get to play with all these wonderful stamps........woohoo!
Trouble is, I'm still really nervous about actually sittin' down and creating something.....but last week's Christmas card seemed to go down okay, so fingers crossed for this one, lol!

This week, I chose to play with the Paisly digi stamp.........which you can grab for self I've always associated the paisley pattern with the male gender, but that's probably because my Dad used to have a paisley-patterened scarf, when I was a wee girl....and does anyone remember those BRIGHT paisley ties that were popular, a few decades back....ha!

Well, why should the fellas get to keep it for themselves......here's my very girlie take on it.......

I used a Craftworks Cards handbag....layered the top bit with this pretty scrap of embossed paper (no idea where I got it!), then covered the bottom bit with flowery paper that came in a freebie pack..........

I coloured up the Paisley pieces with various Promarkers, to tone with the DP.....arranged the pieces into this funky flower shape, and layered up with a diecut open flower, and a button from my stash........these were then added to several pieces of pink tissue paper scalloped circles that I had cut out, and then scrunched up for dimension.....the whole thing was then stuck down onto pink felt...you can't actually see in the photo, but I embossed the felt with a Cuttlebug flower folder....looks nice "in the flesh"...ha!

I lay down a strip of webbed ribbon, which I'd coloured with Promarker....and then....one by one.....stuck down each of those tiny beads....there are 738 of them.........NAH!........the web ribbon was stuck down with PVA glue, so just poured on the beads while it was still wet.......there might be 738 of 'em, though...lol......

Arteeesteeeek view for your perusal.........:D

And there you have it.....I really like the Paisley image, and it'll probably be poppin' up on a few more creations....keep your peepers peeled, lol!

Challenges:
cutedaisymay.blogspot.com/Sparkle and Shine
ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.com/Always Anything Goes
Add a flower

 





Hugs,
Anne-Marie

16 comments:

  1. Very Arteeesteeek close up of that flower!
    Love the whole thing! Paisley and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and sparkly.Thanks for playing along at Whoopsi Daisy. Marianne x (I have a candy on offer.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW.. this is just AMAZING!!! I would have never thought of that.. you are so talented.. :) I love having you on my team.. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, so different. Thanks for joining in over at Scrapology :)
    Warmest wishes Anita..xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your macro shots Anne Marie, like a how-to on how to use some of those ideas of yours - you have a very creative mind :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes very girly ....just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i love this! i look at your cards and WISH mine were as pretty!!! and paisley to me is COWBOYS - go figure!

    if i had the moola, i'd be coming to get you in a heartbeat. but, since i don't i can only PRETEND like you're here. hope you're having a good time, because, we're having a RIOT!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I'm always in awe every time I visit!! Very pretty and girly, Anne-Marie! :) I love it!

    Yes, please, I'm excited to see what you'll share at my site.. I'm sooo looking forward to reading your post already! Thanks so much!


    Hugs,
    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anne-Marie.
    Wow clever use of paisley image . Love this project . Thanks for sharing on make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh i love the little beads and the gorgeous paisley
    Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday this week
    Lisa x
    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  11. how very pretty such a sweet bag
    thank you for playing along at OSAAT this week
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This bag is very beautiful!!
    Love it!
    So much details!
    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT!
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a gorgeous bag! I love all the beautiful details and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi daisy this week and good luck! Hugs, Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck in the MIM challenge, a gorgeous handbag love the artsy photos LOL. The paper is lovely and I like your beads too, Paisley always reminds me of comforters as we had them with beautiful paisley prints on them.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol about the seed beads :D This is very girly and gorgeous!
    Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete