Friday 29 July 2011

Frosty today!

Hi, and welcome!

Oooooooo........stirred up a few wasps with my rant about purple ........ha!

Ace, if your bathroom is purple, we can still be friends.....I just will have to take a porta-potty when visitin' ya....lol!

Christina.......what can I say?.........will admit don't mind a teeny bit of purple, but it definitely should know where it's place is.....and that is NOT as the main colour.....lol!

Seems I'm in the minority.........at least where my bloggie pals are concerned....so I'll graciously accept that purple is okay........in small doses.....lol!

You know that I'm the nursery leader, at my Church, right?.............nope.....not any more......sigh :(

Last Sunday, I was told that my time in the nursery has come to end..........everybody in the ward is "called" for an undetermined time, but our nursery workers are usually in there for about two years.........and my two years are up!
Boy, that went by far too quickly..........I'm a little upset.....those ickle people are very dear to me........but somebody else now gets to play, teach, hug, and love 'em...........bigger sigh :(

As for me.....who knows?.....haven't been given a new assignment.....yet!!!  But, we are a small ward, and we all enjoy having a responsibility......just remind me I said that, after I get my new calling...LOL!

Anyway........I'd started to make a little set of Christmas cards to give to my ickle people, and will carry on with them, of course, so I thought I'd show you one, today............they are all decoupaged, and very simple..............

In keeping with my decision not to buy any new Christmas supplies, everything is from my stash....told ya I still had loads left...ha!

I'd actually made up the layers previously........one rainy afternoon, last Autumn.....but didn't use 'em........ seem to remember that I'd bought a handful of these decoupage sheets, but can't remember the company, so help me out if you recognise them........
Just layered the image onto a scrap piece of red cardstock.........my fingers were itching to splodge my glittery schtuff onto that red nose, but then decided to leave him in peace......ha!

I have a boxful of die-cut snowflakes, waitin' for a blizzard, so I fished one out.....inked in blue......splodged Mod Podge on it.....added a rolled Christmas rose.........it's really just an ordinary red rose, but callin' it a Christmas rose sounds so nice, and I made it, so can call it what I like....ha!  Gave me an excuse to use red gingham ribbon, too.....looooove gingham!


Here's the layers..............done!

Only a few dozen more to go.....lol!

Glad to see ya, today.........even if ya do like purple!

Challenges:
Use an Old image (not sure if my old decoupage qualifies..lol)
Make your own flowers
Christmas in July
Christmas in July
Christmas in July




17 comments:

  1. you can come here to me! i need the hugs - lol.

    love the card. your coloring is so good those scarves look like felt; they just pop off the image.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' those penguins, great colours and love your "Christmas Rose"
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet, adorable card! Love the dimension they have and your rolled Christmas rose is simply lovely! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan ~ Design Team
    PS Purple is my favorite color!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those little Tuxedo men (penguins)! Fabulous snowflake with the little blue edges. Thanks for playing the ABC Christmas challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Anne-Marie - love your card - I'm gonna take a leaf out of your book and not buy anymore Christmas stash (that's excluding the new LOTV Christmas Stamps I bought though - he he). Thanks for your lovely comment. Keep up the fab work. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice decoupage card. And I love your snowflake and Christmas rose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at CRAFTYCATZ this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card thankyou for playing along with us at the crafty catz linda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha, did I tell you one of my talents is causing trouble?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh this is adorable and fabulous decoupage its just perfect,

    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, for our challenge 93 Christmas in July.

    I have some Calorie free Candy if you are interested.

    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the layers on the decoupage AM! You know, B wouldn't have minded if you splodged some glitter on his nose...just sayin.
    I hope I can make some fab cards like this one come Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make me laugh, Anne-Marie! I LOVE purple! Especially matched up with orange!

    Gorgeous card - soooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Anne Marie! This is such a lovely card! I adore this sweet image and your coloring is beautiful! Thank you so much for joining the Fussy and Fancy "Christmas in July" challenge!
    Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable!!! Thanks for playing along with SSD!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card - that image is so cute! Sorry, can't help you with the company, but it looks like it's by one of the artists that designs the Penny Black Stamps.
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is gorgeous!!! Love all the layering :)

    Smiles!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww, so adorable!!

    Thanks for joining us this time at Fussy and Fancy. Good luck in the draw.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete