Wednesday 6 July 2011

Last Man Standin'....for a while, anyway!

Hi, and welcome!

Oh my........certain Followers think they are sooooo funny....that's specifically YOU Petra.......and YOU Birdie......name an' shame 'em, that's what I say!!
There I was, tryin' to get back in touch with my feminine side....stop sniggerin' Birdie....I hear ya........and these two "friends" make .....er, comments......oh, okay, I know that's what they're supposed to do...........but can't a girl just have some "pink" time without the hassle.........sigh......!!!!

It's a good job the rest of the comments were so sweet.....so, thank you to all those of you who appreciate pretty an' feminineinineine.....you are of a much higher calibre of Follower....ha!

Some of you wanted to know how to make the pretty fabric flowers.....I found a tutorial on Folksy here.........and she shows it in really easy stages....enjoy!

As for today's card........he really is the Last Man Standin' for the time being...........
I made this one for a friend of ours, from our ward at Church, who is about to undergo surgery to remove a cancerous kidney.........and I just had to use this digi and sentiment from Stef, at Glitterbabe...........I just know it will make him laugh.....

Oooooh....how very wude!  Cracks me up.........!
I used K&Co papers..........not scraps (sorry Petra), actually cut into big pieces.....oh, that hurt, lol.........
Everything coloured up with the ol' Promarkers....of course!

Hope Stef doesn't mind me messin' with her "cheeky" digi....see what I did there?......ha!....I crack meself up........but the original had the cheeky chappy with a bald head, and our friend at Church is very proud of his still-dark full head of hair, even as he approaches 70....ha! Couldn't give him a card featuring a baldie, now could I?

Love the punch-line.....very Stef (she's truly wicked...in a nice way, lol).....and I'm hopin' it will put a smile on our friend's face, as he prepares for that all-important op!

Can't wait to get all girlie again......yaaaaay!

Challenges:
Clean and simple
Buttons
Anything goes (this is my 3rd entry)
Use a digi

 

Hugs,
Anne-Marie x


16 comments:

  1. Can you hear me laughing from across the Channel?? A certain scene with Jack Nicholson in the movie "Something's Gotta Give" rushed into my mind making me laugh even harder.... Anne-Marie, thanks for sharing this :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card Anne-Marie love it must go and see if I can get it lol just brilliant
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne-Marie, this card is so wonderful funny..its soooo coool. thank you for sharing the tutorial with us, they really look easy to make....all i need now will be some scraps of fabric..do you maybe know anyone that has some left over ???..they are so cute and I will defiently make some during the next weeks after my graduation on friday. thank you so much, i bet my niece will love them for her hair. love and hugs, and your cards are awesome by the way..each and everyone of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a fab card Anne-Marie,your stories do make me laugh,I love this image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. well aren't we cheeky! haahhhaahhhaaaa. too freakin' cute! i snagged it too and i'm gonna tell my friends you're a butt-chick!!! haahhhaahhh lmbo!!! don't dare me!

    really cute and thank you for the compliment - even if i am wicked!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lord.... this is hilarious, Anne-Marie! Does thie image also come in other tradesmen? LOL ... a Plumber perhaps? Too funny....
    hugs and blessings,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROFLMAO! Am, I love this :) but what happened to the girly stuff? sigh* you know it's my passion!
    P.S. wishing your friend well for his op, he'll be in our prayers so remember to give us an update :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab fun card!
    Thanks for playing Free & Easy again with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! the indignity of it all! LOL, hope it makes his stay in hospital bare-a-ble! An hilarious card, sure to cheer him up.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! Humorous cards are my all time favorite and this is a great one. It's sure to make your friend laugh. Hugs from rainy Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi. I am sure your friend will appreciate your kind thoughts & card which should make him smile. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anne-Marie! Oh how very cheeky this card is... I love it! The sentiment is so funny too! Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Flippin' heck - this made me laugh out loud, Anne-Marie! Brilliant card - thx for the smile honey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where's the girlie stuff you threatened, I mean, promised to create??? Were you making idle threats, sis?

    I hope you're doing something fun this weekend. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anne
    Great card, I need that image, is so funny!!. Great colouring, you made a wonderful card!
    You make me laugh with your stories, he he!!
    -Sony

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very funny card, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete