Tuesday 5 July 2011

I did something Girlie...for a change!

Hi, and welcome!

I'm in a rebellious mood....yep....gettin' really cheesed with all the masculine stuff, so I got out a bag of scraps (left-overs from quilting), and sat in my favourite chair (leather recliner with squishy cushions), in front of the telly, and watched a slushy film, (lots of lingerin' looks, flutterin' eyelashes, and smackin' kisses), and sewed some ickle fabric flowers......so therapeutic.....sigh.......and created a few girlie hairclips.........

Simple five petal shape.....sewed a ladybird button in the centre.......put a small felt circle on the back of the flower........sewed the felt circle to a plain clip.......

Giving some of these to our grandaughters, so wanted to present them nicely.......but, couple of our daughters say they could sell them to parents at school.....hmmmm....not sure 'bout that......
made the tags from free papers from a magazine..........I made lots of the flowers, all sorts of fabrics and buttons, but not finished enough to show.....may do when I get 'em finished......."when" being the operative word...ha!

Would love to know what ya think!

Challenges:
Sewing
Anything goes (hope this qualifies)
Pretty Blossoms (again...hope this qualifies)
Anything goes/optional buttons

 



Hugs,
Anne-Marie x


15 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwww these are so very cute...can I ask you to make me some for my niece´s second birthday in august? they are perfect and so cute. you need to tell me how you sew these flowers , they are gorgeous :) Wonderful work of yours, and perfect with te tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thinking I might recognise those papers too ;) Gotta love freebies....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work and so very girlie.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every little girl would love them :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A novel idea, love your fabric flower, and the cute ladybug and the tag is a wonderful way to display it - beautiful!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy macaroni! this is gorgeous and i love that clip. i put clips in jade's hair which she loves only problem is, her mom NEVER sends anything back so i keep "losing them". grrrrrrr.

    don't cha just love little girls?????

    i hope you put crappy stuff in your neighbors trash!!!!! i'm sure if my neighbors drank, that's what i'd find. as a matter of fact, right now they have a DESK sitting out front with a huge sign on it FREE!!! too bad i don't need another desk!!!

    i know, i'm rubbing it in - haahhhaahhhaaaa.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excuse me, do I have the wrong blog? Came here to learn how to do manly cards and what do I see? Pretty as a picture and cute as a button hair clips. Have to go find my friend Anne-Marie now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just as cute as can be, Anne-Marie. Such a lovely hair bow and the tag makes a beautiful presentation. I think they would sell very well.
    Hugs sweet friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shock Horror! A what!?! A g.g.g.g.g.g.girly project?
    How did you manage? AM, are you ok? Must have traumatising after all those male centred cards.
    That said, you were marvellously brave and I applaud you!
    WOnderful job! would love to know how to make those flowers, they truly are gorgeous...sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a gorjeous tag hun and definately counts thanks for joining us at our new location at creative craft challenges and good luck
    hugs sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute, love the ladybird on the hair clips. Wish I could put pretty, girly things like this in my daughters hair, but she just pulls it all out and likes to look wild! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. fantastic project and the little ladybirds finish them off perfect. thanks for joining us over at CCC..Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute and clever. Love the little ladybugs and love the tags too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anne Marie I love your tag, pretty paper, great flower and pretty button (few days ago I see on Walmart ladybug button like your ladybug button)
    Beautiful creation!!
    -Sony

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so cute, and beautifully made. Love the lady bug in the middle!
    Definitely think you should sell them if you have the opportunity!
    Just to let you know there is 20% off over at Rainbow Studio's Stamps - Enjoy!
    Take care
    Rachel and Angela
    xx

    ReplyDelete