Wednesday 13 July 2011

All is calm....except me!

Hi, and welcome!

Well, here it is.....the day finally arrived when I would post my very first Design Team member card.....and I've been tryin' to get it posted here...on my own blog......for ages, but flippin' blogger is palyin' silly beggars again!
Well. lesson learnt.....I'm going to schedule, in future, and hopefully feel a bit more relaxed about it....this is supposed to be fun, after all...lol!

This week, over at stretchnbubbles.blogspot.com I chose to play with a delightful image of somebody who has always been dear to my heart.....and I love the way he turned out........

The name of the image is All is Calm and I am totally in love with him!  As you can see,  I paper pieced his finery because he deserved it...lol.....and everything else is coloured with Promarkers....of course.....and I cut some stars with a Shapeabilities die, (it's the Create-a-Flake one....and these are the toppers to the snowflakes), then used red and green Promarkers to come up with the right kind of brown that I wanted....can you make out the sparkle?....mmmmm,,,doesn't show up well....Mod Podge...yep........and on his beard, hair....anywhere he'd sit still and let me get at....Ha!  I went over the DP with Promarkers, to give a bit of depth....the papers on the whole card are Cosmo Cricket:Be Good......
Joanne (eldest rugrat) has already laid claim to this card....but I have plans for it......and it won't be staying as just a card.........has that gotcha thinkin'?.......wait and see.....Ha!

I love the traditonal colours of Christmas....rich and warm........mmmmmm....bliss.......

The diecut holly leaves are sittin' on a kinda star shape that I fashioned from some of the fabby lace that I used on the bottom of the card......the pin is one of those I made, last week........just knew they would come in handy :).......and bet you spotted the Mod Podge!

The label was pinched from a pack I'd actually bought for the grandkids..heehee.......and I threaded some thin gold wire through the buttons........

This ickle Christmas tree shape has been in my stash for yonks......was silver, so turned it red with PMs......stuck a scrap of the DP in the gap.....stuck on a pressie button....and hung from the diddy button with more gold wire......

Love that ickle birdhouse.......PMed and MPed...lol.......

The yellow DP was embossed with a Cuttlebug Snowflake folder, and all the mats and layers were inked with dark brown.......
I  like the result....what about you....be kind....I'm feelin' very fragile....ha!
As if that would  stop ya!

Challenges:
Christmas in July
Heavy Metal
Paper piecing
Texture
Anything goes
Use diecuts and something digital
Christmas in July

Hugs,
Anne-Marie x
 

18 comments:

  1. How could one not love this?! Truly beautiful. Love that Father Christmas. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive, problem with a card this special would you ever want to send it to someone ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super first DT card! Bet they're delighted to have you on the team! You did an awesome job!
    Thank you so much for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad this week for our Textures challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that card is FABULOUS!!!! All these details and what a lovely and perfect colored image!!!! Job very well done Anne-Marie!!!! LOve the card!!! Please pat yourself on your shoulder for me..you can be supermegahyper proud of yourself...wonderful and AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card Anne-Marie is gorgeous,a stunning first DT card.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! u do xmas cards too! well i'm impressed! just kidding. this is GOR-G-US!!! absolutely GOR-G-US. love that holly! tell joanne she'll have to fight me on it - lol.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. BRAVO! So much detail and all so well executed -- a masterpiece indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card - love the image and all the details. I'm sure your DT members loved it too. So glad you joined us for the Christmas in July challenge at Stamping with the Dragon this week! You card is so eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous card, love all the layers and colours and I see you've used one of your lovely pin creations, Can't wait to see what this ends up as!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, Thanks for joining in with us at Stampin with the Dragon, good luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous creation and love the colour choice, thank you for joining us this week at Stampin with the Dragon. I have candy if your interested.
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just love that Father Christmas :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pin embellishment is great! Thanks so much for joining us for our "heavy metal" challenge over at Christmas Stampin All Year Long!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is wonderful, Anne-Marie!! Congratulations on the DT stint! :) And what a beautiful card.. :) I'm in love with him too! :D

    I dropped by to invite you to guest post by sharing a card and maybe a short tutorial at my new website if you have the time.. :) It must for something that a beginner can do though.. I'd be honored to have you over but I totally understand if you're a bit busy right now. ;)

    Congratulations again on the DT position! And as always, thanks for regularly visiting BCS. Your support always keeps me going. ;)

    Hugs,
    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lovely Anne-Marie! And well done on the DT role!! Look forward to more of your gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Anne-Marie!

    Thanks for considering my invitation! =)

    It's pretty simple actually.. You only need to visit lets-make-greeting-cards.com and click on the button that says "share your cards". It's at the right sidebar.. It's great because whatever you post, it will be a live website page for as long as the website is up ang running.. =) We'll link it up to your blog too for some linky love.=)

    I'd be honored to have one of your gorgeous cards at the site and I'm positive your card will inspire a lot of newbies!

    Thanks and congratulations again on being DT! Woot! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for joining The Crafty Pad this week in LETS SEE LOTS OF TEXTURE challenge!

    Your creation is very pretty.:)

    Maggie
    x

    ReplyDelete