Wednesday 9 March 2011

Loving brown and pink....and vanilla!

Hi folks!

So sorry I've been MIA this week.....did ya miss me?....lol.
Still trying to squeeze several stores- worth of crafty stash into my very diddy back room, and keep gettin' distracted by long-lost treasure......doesn't take much to distract moi (ha!), which is why I take so long to plan a scrapbook page.....the photos keep gettin' in the way of the actual scrappin'.......got 5 kids and 17 grandkids, don't forget, so that is a whole pile of memory-joggin' piccies....heehee!!

Anyways.....I actually managed to get a card finished today, and found myself reaching for pink, brown and vanilla (all out of the scraps box, Petra!), because I just love the way they go together.
One kind of card that I rarely make (fortunately) is a With Sympathy card, and as I wanted to do this quickly, and had very few tools or stash that I could actually reach (you should see the state the room is in), I cleared a tiny work spot on my desk, and got to work.......




I used a warm cream base card (I think the colour is actually called vanilla) and cut two pieces of DP which were lurkin' in the scraps box (I'm pretty sure these are K & Co.), and layered them onto pieces of scrap dark brown Bazzill.......


I coloured the sentiment with Promarkers, then hand-sewed around it with light green cotton, and cut a Nestie label from more vanilla card, then layered them (with foam tape underneath for lift) on top of the DP and a lacy strip that I cut with my Martha Stewart border punch........

Both pieces of DP have more hand-sewing with the green cotton (took ages, but I likie, lol), and I added three pieces of Card Candy to the bottom.........and, the finishing touch.....which I don't think I've ever shown you, before.......

.......is the label that I nearly always put onto the back of my cards........it's a digi image that Paulette from Create with TLC made for me, as a prize for one of her challenges........I use those trusty Promarkers to colour them to match the individual cards.....pretty, eh?

As always, I would love to hear what you think of my latest little offering.....and, tomorrow, I'll show you something really cute that Nikki from melonheadzillustrating.blogspot.com made for me.......so don't forget to come back and see me!

Challenges:
No flowers

Anything goes

Hugs,
Anne-Marie x

4 comments:

  1. You've been waaayyyy too quiet, but I was hoping it was only due to the craft room problems. I'm glad that's the reason, even though it's a pain in the rear. That's better than being sick.

    Your card is so lovely. That's a marvelous color combo. The stitching adds so much to the card. I never stitch on my cards, because my sewing machine hates me. Works fine for everyone, except me. Sewed for years & now it hates me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. AM, I think this card is so breathtaking! The colours are right up my alley and I think you have GORGEOUS scrap DP!
    Love how you get your stitching so fine and close together, any tips for ickle ole me?
    I am turning green at seeing your personalised label! Wouldn't it be fab to own one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!!!! Perfect for our no flowers theme this week at the Creative Card Crew.
    Caroiline x

    ReplyDelete