Monday 2 May 2011

Getting back in the swing!

Hello, and a warm welcome!

First of all, let me say how sorry I am not to have been around for a while.....I really missed you all....honestly!.....but sometimes family needs become a bit more pressing, and I'm a wife, mother, grandma, and daughter....and then I'm a crafter and blogger, lol!!

I finally managed to creep into my craft room......I'm kinda suspectin' there's a hidden alarm that goes off whenever I step foot in there, because, almost unfailingly, the 'phone will ring, or somebody arrives, or....or...or....
but, after spending the morning looking after 6 month old Bevan while his Mummy and Daddy worked (they have a little cleaning business), I did actually get to make a couple of cards.....yippeee!....and here's one of 'em......


I layered some kraft card onto a textured white card base, then put inked white, stitched some DP (freebie)....layered more kraft, and topped with a stamped and paper-pieced image.....aawww....sweet........and added some pretty taupe lace....always softens everything, dontcha think?.....


Got these funky wooden flowers from Create and Craft, and luv 'em......the dinky buttons were from my stash.......more of 'em in the bottom right-hand corner.......they are really tiny!


I'd forgotten how much I like the results you can get from paper-piecing!  The checked paper was also a freebie, and the cafe latte paper was from HOTP....had it ages, and thought it was time it was dragged into the light, hehe........the sparkly flower was from the ol' stash......


....and this li'l cutie is wooden, and I covered him/her with some of the same paper from the cupcake.......a smidgin of brown ink round the edges, and on the wing....a dot for the eye.......and got meself a tweetie bird!

Hope to be able to show ya another creative marvel tomorrow....lol.......

Challenges

Anything goes

Girls birthday

Anything goes

Let's get girly

Anything goes

Anything goes

Anything goes

Lots of layers and stitching
Hugs,
Anne-Marie x


13 comments:

  1. So cute! I know...the phone doesn't ring until the minute I'm pouring on embossing powder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I would love to receive one like that. So much work has gone into it, it's a minature work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is too cute! :) love it. i find it a bit hard to include crafting in my everyday schedule too, especially since i'm now maintaining two blogs. but crafting is just so liberating and fulfilling, i can't possibly go a week of not making something without losing it. lol thanks for visiting Beautiful Craft Spaces {craftrooms.blogspot.com}, Anne-Marie, and I'm thanks for becoming a follower!:) Hope to have you visit us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am, I know just what you mean about trying to keep up, and I dont even have as much family as you do! LOL!
    Love the card and your paper piecing is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww its gorgeous! I love the birdie he looks fab & those tiny buttons are great!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, good luck!
    Hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really sweet card. Thanks for playing along at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anne-Marie, thank you so much for your support! Where do you get all your lovely supplies from? Your cards are beautiful! If you have feedback on my craft blog, please tell me, I would love to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi There.

    Fantastic card, love the colours.

    Thanks for joining us at SFC.

    Huggies Angel

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous card! thanks for joining us this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card! Many thanks for taking part in the Mami Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card. Yum cupcake!!
    Thanks for joining us at House of Gilli.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anne-Marie, I adore your card! Thank You for joining us at Mami Doodles and good luck in the draw ◕ ‿ ◕

    ReplyDelete