Thursday 10 February 2011

Mothers Day Tag Challenge

Hello, again, and welcome!

I got all excited today, because I really enjoyed making this little tag to enter into Helen's monthly tag challenge, over at acraftykindoftruffle.blogspot.com
I've been following Helen for a while now, and she always has something fun to talk about, or to show, but this is the first time I've entered one of her challenges.

Making the tag also gave me a head start on making a card for my Mam, for Mothers Day, which btw is in March, here in the UK.
All I'll have to do is make a background card to put this little 'un onto....but making the tag was the fun bit, lol! I might even use it as the gift tag for her present.......hhmmmm...have to think about that one, lol.


The image is called Molly Blooms and was a free stamp with last month's Simply Cards & Papercraft, and I just had to use her, because my Mam used to wear a turban, while doing her cleaning, when I was a little 'un.....and she'd thump me for telling you that!


How do you like the little fabric yo-yo?  I made a little pile of them, last night, while watching telly........just got the urge, but didn't know what to do with them, and then....lightbulb moment!......so stuck a button on one, and there it is! 


The "lace" is actually the paper waste from a roll of paper lace, but I couldn't bear to throw it away, lol :) and just knew it would come in handy, sometime.


The sentiment is a metal charm that I've had for ages.....was silver, so coloured with permanent marker to match......and I love that it says "cherish" because I really want to cherish my Mam, even more than I used to, since my Dad passed away.

Hope you're all doing well, and please come in and see me again!

Here's another challenge...
Gift tags

Hugs,
Anne-Marie

3 comments:

  1. Really beautiful tag AM, such a stunning job! Hope your mam doesn't surf the net else you're gonna get thumped good! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cute! I really love the colors and the texture on cute Molly!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
    Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne-Marie,
    You need to read my blog.........x

    ReplyDelete