Saturday 5 February 2011

First.......READ THE RULES!

Hello, and welcome!

I felt a total dibdob (grandkids' favourite word), when a lovely lady from a challenge blog left a comment on my last post....don't bother looking....I deleted it.....letting me know, in the nicest possible way, that the card I had submitted to their challenge had been disqualified!!
Oh, eckie thump (Lancashire dialect :D), what had I done??
Well, it's simple....I DIDN'T read the rules properly....the challenge called for a card with spots, stripes, AND EMBOSSING.....and the card I showed you on my last post only had the first two.  I live and learn :D


Today, instead of a card, I thought I would let you take a peek at an acrylic Christmas mini album I made, but haven't yet put photos into.
I struggled with getting the photos taken, because it wouldn't stand up, the way I thought it would, and the pages are a bit busy....well, see what you think.....

Each "page" is quite thick acrylic, with patterned paper and cardstock, for journaling and photo mounts.......


The Rudolph, Snowman and Father Christmas were all cut from Sizzix dies, as well as the holly leaves......



Red gems were used on the holly, and Rudolph's nose!  The Snowman and Father Christmas are on smaller pieces of acrylic, cut into different shapes, just to give a bit of variety.......


I inked around each page with brown Stazon ink, added strips of ribbon here and there.......


I added a star to the longest page (each page is slightly different in length and width), and coloured it yellow with a permanent marker.....sorry, don't know how to turn this photo around :(........dibdob!......


and now it's ready for those photos.......when I get around to it...heehee....so, let me know what'cha think!

I didn't think there'd be a challenge I could enter this into....but....just READ THE RULES......and would like to enter it here sparklesforumchristmaschallenge.blogspot.com
Christmas trees

Bye for now,

Hugs,
Anne-Marie x

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha Anne-Marie your not on your own i've done the same thing oh well we live and learn, your Christmas tree is fabulous thank you for joining us at SFCC good luck in the draw x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there...

    NOPE your not alone, i.ve boo booed too!!!!!

    Love your album, looks great, u will have to show some piccies when you have added the photos..

    Thanks for joining us at SFC, good luck.

    Huggies Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMM nope I remember doing that too oops!! lol

    Gorgeous creation hun, love the ribbons...

    Thank you for sharing with us at SFCC this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope you definitely aren't alone
    I love your Christmas tree album it's fab
    Thanks for joining in at SFCC this month

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the album AM! so cool! would love to see it once you've put the photo's in too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne-Marie

    I love your gorgeous little mini book, wonderful detail and textures.

    I'm always boo-booing on the challenges, usually by not reading the rules on how many challenges can be combined, but hey it's all just meant to be for the fun and enjoyment so don't let it worry you.

    Thanks for joining us for our first challenge over at SFCC.

    Hugs

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Anne Marie i love this its ace well done and thanks for joining SFCC and good luck
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete