Friday 25 February 2011

Going "pretty"!

Happy Friday!

Before I say anything else, I want to thank all you Lovelies who left such comforting words, yesterday, after my major whinge......I'm over it, and your comments certainly helped......thank you :).

It also helped that I was out and about with my best buddies, last night.......ate too much, talked too much, and laughed 'til I ached!!
Aren't friends wonderful?  I've known this trio for 32 years, and I'm the "baby" of the group.....they are all waaaaaay older than me (ha!).....but last night was to celebrate Pat's 60th birthday, and the fact that she, and her hubby Robert, will beleaving us, in June, for 3 years.
Robert has recently been assigned as the new Mission President for the Manchester, England Mission of our church, which means they will coordinate the day-to-day missionary work for a huge area of Northern England, and North Wales, for the next 3 years.  They will also be responsible for the daily welfare of a few hundred young men, young women, and older missionary couples, in that area.
It's a huge responsibility, and they have very mixed feelings, at the moment.........but they feel it's their turn to serve, and I know they will be equal, with the Lord's help, to all the tasks set before them.
I firmly believe that whom the Lord calls, He also qualifies.

Okay, my Lovelies.....on to today's creation........

I didn't have any reason to make this one......the cute image has been sitting on my desk for ages, and today just seemed the right time to do something with it...........

This is the front.........it's a kind of envelope, fastened through from the back to the front with the pink ribbon.......


I used my trusty Promarkers to colour the sweet cuties, and put them on a piece of scrap DP that was also lying on my desk (d'you get I'm a tad untidy?)........



I think the sentiment was a freebie.....layered onto a scrap of green card, then coloured with Blush Promarker, and layered onto the pink stripy, which is actually a sticker........left some room to write a message to the recipient (when I decide who that is :D)......


Thought the cuties needed some sweet flat-backed pearls to pretty 'em up.........


And there y' go!

Sweet, eh?  Too sweet?  Tell me what you think.....

Challenges I'm entering:

Use green

Ribbons and Bows

Things with wings




Hugs,
Anne-Marie x

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a fun evening out with your friends, Anne-Marie. I'll be praying for Pat and Robert as they start this new area of ministry. I can see why it seems daunting to them, but I agree with you that the Lord will equip them for the task He has called them to.

    I love today's creation, especially the fact that it came from an untidy desk. I can so relate. :) It's very sweet. A terrific design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW!!!! This card is just SOOO CUTE!!! love the soft colors and the image is precious!

    Thanks for playing along with is at Freshly Brewed Challenges ribbons and bows challenge.
    Hope to see you at the hop on March 1

    HUGS
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet! :) Thanks so much for joining us at Fairy Knoll! Smiles ~ Brandi

    ReplyDelete