Friday 22 April 2011

Another "Just in case".

Hi there, and welcome!

Have you had a good day?  I've had a lovely one........Ken is away with work, until Monday night, and the rest of the family had plans for today, so I've had most of the day to myself.  Babysat 6 months old Bevan for a couple of hours, so that Jonathan and Tanys could spend a little time together..........Bevan is such a sweetie, (biased Grandma mode happenin' here, sorry) and is a delight to spend time with.

Had a bit of a rummage in my craft room, and was happy to see that my little stock of "just in case" cards is buildin' nicely.....but I didn't have any baby cards....or wedding cards......or anniversary.....or masculine........soooooooo........

I'm thinkin' baby boy, but have left room to add a sentiment, when needed.......
I'm still using up the scraps from my Nitwits papers, which were Christmas ones btw, but I don't think this stripey background piece looks particularly seasonal, lol.......the card base is kraft (yummy), and I backed the stripey onto pale blue card , and added brown ribbon with blue spots....seems a while since I stitched, so thought the brown thread added a bit of texture....everything is inked with Mementoes Rich Cocoa ink.....

I used a cute sticker as the focal image......not used a sticker for ages, but have tons of 'em, so you might be seeing more, lol.....the blue spots were on the same sticker sheet, and I used brown striped, and blue striped baker's twine to wrap around the Nestie.......

and tied more of the spotty ribbon in a quick knot..........

the flutterbies are from the same sticker sheet......

quick and simple, but can now add to my little stock.......never know when ya might need a baby boy card........I'm LDS, remember........and there's always somebody havin' a baby, lol!

Just a quick Thank You to all those of you who have been leavin' such lovely comments.......please know that I read each and every one, and get a real kick out of it.....well, I've got to take me pleasures where I can, these days, lol!
Even if you don't leave a comment, I'm soooo glad you take the time to visit.......take care, my lovely friends!

Challenges:

Card for a child

Anything goes


 




Hugs,
Anne-Marie x


10 comments:

  1. oh this is darling! such nice soft colors too. and you stitched? good show!!!

    yeah, i look forward to my comments too. cyber friends are the best! we're ALWAYS around!

    hugs & smiles and have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visit and not comment? Not Likely! Admit I enlarged that bear till I could see a sticker outline - if wouldn't have read, would have bet was colored by you as so perfect. Lovely job.
    Kiss for Bevan too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous Ann-Marie, thankyou for sharing it with us at CraftyCtaz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is very sweet - perfect for a little boy and one can never have too many cards stashed lol. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz.

    Hugs,

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for joining us at the crafty catz this week with such a super card huggies linda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne-marie
    A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cards are funny and cute

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am, beautiful 'just in case' you got there. Love how you've used the stickers too! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comment on my bee tag! Love this card...I've got try stitching again, I could never get an even stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh this is so sweet and beautiful details too, again another fabulous creation.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete