Friday 19 April 2013

Drops of Sunshine!

Hello, and welcome!

I think we've had all four seasons over the past few days, which is a nice little segue into me sharing details about the latest challenge at Card Crafter's Circle...........

For this Challenge our Theme is:

APRIL SHOWERS
...show us your creations about rainy days.... rainy images... 


We are so happy to have Milk Coffee Stamps joining us again with their sponsorship for you! Our random prize winner will receive their choice of FIVE  Milk Coffee images!  I know that will be a fun prize to choose!

It's always lovely when members of our Design Team (the list is over on the right side-bar) get to choose a lovely digi image to play with......I love the Lola range at Milk Coffee, so chose this cute Lola with Watering Can for my card.
The card is intended for my sister's birthday, in May......4th May, in fact.....so, the sentiment is inside and reads "April's showers brings May's flowers........have a Happy Birthday, Flower!".......but I forgot to take a separate photo....sorry!
At least, this sentiment will make a change from all the "May the 4th be with you" ones that she usually gets....hahaaa!

I used yet more freebie paper for the background, which is on a white card base, then layered a piece of stripy paper onto more white card.......


Lola is prettied up for her garden with Promarkers.....I have gardening gloves like that, lol.......the grass is a vellum sticker (yonks old) from K.& Co.........

I cut this fun sunshine shape from yellow glitter card....had this Sissix die forever, and think this is the first time I've used it........

I embossed white card with a swirly Cuttlebug folder and cut out the cloud shapes.....can hear you laffin'!.......and the yellow drops of sunshine rain are from the same die that has the sun shape and an umbrella on it......

Another gorgeous freebie die-cut from Tracy at Dies to Die For.......it came with no less than 7 others with my last order.....doesn't matter if you order one or a dozen of something, she's just as generous......and even gives a code for money off your next order if your postage isn't as much as the website charges......wonderful service!
Ahem......back to the card......I stuck down some tiny flower pearls and drew in the stems and leaves.....don't look too closely.....ha!....you just did, lol..........

Another view of Lola's showery, flowery April garden....lol.

The Design Team came up with some gorgeous stuff, this week.....hop over and pay a visit to see what I mean, then have a go at making something to enter into our challenge.....I'd love to come see what you've done :)

hugs,
Anne-Marie x

Challenges:
http://crafts4eternity.blogspot.co.uk/  April showers bring spring flowers
http://shellysimagesblog.blogspot.co.uk/  April showers bring May flowers
post signature

13 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Anne-Marie. I love the Spring time scene you have created for you cute image. Your detailing is just so beautifully, I especially like the fence die decorated with the flower pearls.
    I hope you have a good weekend
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card,love the scene you have created.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute card, Anne-Marie. All of the elements just flow together so beautifully. REALLY like the fence and birdhouse - another die I'm going to have to check into, I see (smile).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very precious! Love the little scene you've created! Yeah for cute freebie papers and love the fence and clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Love the fence diecut, and the little flowers you added. I ADORE the little sunshine raindrops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Love those pearl flowers. Very cute.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soooo cute!!
    I really am hoping for the beautiful May flowers because we sure have been getting the Aprils showers!! (more like downpours!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty Anne-Marie! Love your raindrops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know what Anne-Marie ? I did look closer and thought flowers looked awesome .Isnt that just like a' WET PAINT'dont touch sign ?

    Love the image and colouring and the fence and the raindrops ..oh blast just love the whole darn scene !
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Card, love the dies you used. thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images.

    Amanda
    Shelly's Images DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely beautiful. Love the scene you've created with the diecuts and the spring colours. Thanks for playing at QKR Stampede and good luck. Hope to see you back friday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at QKR Stampede!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card Anne-Marie.
    Hugs
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card! The vellum grass is wonderful and I love those embossed clouds!

    ReplyDelete