Tuesday 1 January 2013

You couldn't be more WELCOME!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am so excited to start another year!  I just think we are so very blessed to have yet another chance to start with a clean slate, and make the very best of what life brings us.  Isn't this what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is all about?........Forgiving and being forgiven.....making recompense........making commitments to do better......learning from our mistakes......and taking our Saviour as our exemplar in each and every thing that we think, say and do.

My only "resolution" for this new year is to be a closer follower of Jesus Christ......if I can do this, then it follows that everything else will fall into place.

Today, at TWIST OF FAITH we have a brand new challenge that I just know you are goin' to love.......

Our theme for you this week is

WELCOME

Your card creation could welcome in the New Year, or a New Baby, or a New Home... be welcoming!  And remember our 'twist'... your card should include a scripture, or inspirational quote or message.... it doesn't have to be on front of the card, but do show that it's there!


Our sponsor is the wonderful The Doodle Garden... and Jennifer has a GREAT selection of whimsical hand-drawn images for all occasions in her Doodle Garden etsy shop... we invite you to come on in and stay a while to look around The Doodle Garden!

The prize offered to our randomly drawn prize winner, consists of two digital  images from The Doodle Garden blog for new releases!



Some of you may remember that we are due to be blessed with our 18th grandchild, later this month, and we know that it will be another beautiful granddaughter......our 8th......so I made this card with her arrival in mind......

Sweet?  Oh, yeah!  
I used a white card base and layered up with freebie papers (from a magazine).  I discovered something I hadn't previously known, whilst layering the papers......I'd smudged one of the corners with a pencil mark, so tried to rub it off with an eraser......and the pattern faded!  I rather liked the look, so finished all the edges of the papers in the same way.  This particular paper is slightly glossy, so perhaps it's something to do with the printing process.......not tried it with more matt paper, but I'll have fun experimenting...hahaa!

I coloured up this oh-so-pretty image with Promarkers......the image is Sleep Sweet Little Bug and is perfect for this New Baby card........there are three tiny heart buttons, threaded with glittery pink thread, on the rim of the label die-cut......a little sparkle has been added to the flowers and on the shell, but can't be seen clearly in the piccie.....sorry!

The little sentiment is from Cuddly Buddly, and I put it onto a Die-namics fringed circle.....you can just about see the strip of pretty lace that lies underneath the sentiment.......

The large white flower and the little flower button are from my stash.....I just added a touch of pink chalk to the edges of the white flower......

The larger sentiment strip is a vellum quote that I bought in New York, the first time I visited.....8 years ago!
I really should get to the back of my drawers more often...hahaa!
I simply embossed the white dots onto the back of the vellum to add a little texture, and layered the vellum strip onto white card so that it would show up a little better.....then added two teeny green brads......


The finished card.....all ready to WELCOME our new arrival!

Please join us for this lovely challenge and don't forget to take a peep at all the inspiration that our Design Team has prepared for you......

hugs,
Anne-Marie x

Challenges:


20 comments:

  1. Happy New year Anne-Marie
    Your card is so beautiful. I love the cute image and all your detailing is so pretty and perfect to welcome a new baby girl into your family.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute? Humph, that is an understatement. This is totally ADORABLE! From the "perfect" image to all the little extras, this card just oozes adorable-ness. I tell you gal, you just keep me coming back for more each week with your wonderful creativity. Happy New Year to you and family -- and God's blessings to the little one on her way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card, just love the image and you have coloured it so beautifully. Thank you for sharing with us at Vickie's Challenge at Lady Anne's. I hope we see you again. Merry Christmas
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx
    Lady Anne's Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne-Marie, thought I would pop by and wish you a Happy New Year and catch up with your blog, On my resolution list this year to try and visit a bit more. Wow, 18 grandchildren! I still only have the 3 but we had two more get married last year so maybe a few more to come in the future, LOL.
    Love your sweet baby card, these grandies are lucky to have such a talented grandma!
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Cute image I just love the design... Wishing you & your family A Wonderful Happy New Year... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so delightful, Anne-Marie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab papers. All the Very Best for the New Year.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anne Marie Happy new year to you and yours just saw your name on the passion for pro markers challenges so thought I would be nosey and see what you have been up to as I haven't been over in a while what a sweet creation love it love the image way to cute
    Hugs Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello trouble and a very Happy New Year to you and yours! Hope you had a lovely Christmas. Lovely colours and cute image on this card! I love the term snuggle bug... it's quite what I'd like to be at the moment, curled up with a good book and my electric blanket keeping me toasty warm... although I give it 10 seconds before the cat joins me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card, it's so cute and fun! Thank you for joining us this week at the Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge. I hope you play along with us again soon.

    Jackie, Crafty Sentiments Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just the sweetest of baby girl cards .Love the embossed vellum for sentiment and that big bright flower .
    Happy New Year
    Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. G'day Anne-Marie, WOW your 18th grandchild, early congratulations for later this month. The card that you have made for her parents is so sweet and both your sentiments are so true. Beautiful colouring of the cute little bug.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Vickie's Challenge at Lady Anne's and good luck with the draw. I hope we see you again next challenge.
    *Hugs* ~ Nana Vic

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a cute card and such pretty colours
    Thanks for joining us at CS this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful Anne-Marie, I love this sweet image and you have embellished it beautifully!! So glad to see you playing at Crafty Sentiments this time. Hugs my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet, Anne-Marie..i love this image with your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so sweet! The image is absolutely adorable and I love the happy mistake of the softened edges on your paper! The lacy trim is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG Anne Marie....18th grandchild on its way !! Bet they all keep you busy !! Such an adorable image and card to welcome her into this world !! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is beautiful. The image is adorable and the lace edging is fantastic. Congrats on your grand baby! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Anne-Marie, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh i just love this image..doddle garden rocks...love her stuff...the sentiment is just darling too..thanks so much for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week..

    ReplyDelete