Friday 2 November 2012

Patterned Papers Galore!

Hello, and welcome!

I'm posting quite a bit earlier in the day than I normally do because, tonight......I've got a date with Derek.
As you may very well know, that is not the name of my Hubster.......nor is it the name of one of my boys.....nor is it the name of the dreamy next-door-but-three neighbour....ahem......no, indeedy!
Derek is a young gentleman  of almost 87 who looks very dashing in his dark blue blazer, black beret, and a bright red poppy in his lapel.  Oh, and his trusty walking stick in hand.
He and I are on duty, tonight, in the foyer of our local Asda-Walmart store........we'll be accosting asking folks to donate the price of a red paper poppy...with free pin, no less!.....to aid the cause of the 

remembrance-flanders-poppy.jpg
This year, the Legion are hoping to raise in excess of £42 million.....and Derek (who does fundraising events all year round) and I will be doing "our bit", tonight.

Okey-dokey, so what's on the agenda over at Card Crafter's Circle then?  Well, I'll tell you......our theme this week is one that I feel in my water is goin' to be very popular......

PATTERNED PAPER........woohoo!

Now, do not dare try to tell me that you don't have any 'cos I know that will be a big, fat FIB!...hahaa......and, if you don't join in the challenge, you'll miss out on the chance of 7 digi stamps from our beloved


You really should go and check out what the Design Team have come up with, using some lovely images from our sponsor.....and you'll never believe it!........I'm the only one who hasn't made a Christmas card!!
I know.....how did that happen!

Instead, I made this little cutie, using Scarlett Shopping Diva 

I think I'm still in shock that I didn't make a Christmas card....ha!  I probably could have, too, with this fab little image....but it does look as if she's bought only for herself, eh?
Okay, white card base, layered up with freebie papers, and I coloured up Miss Scarlett with my Promarkers to match the papers.....the round label that she's prancin' 'n' dancin' on was part of the freebie......


Oops, just realised she's gone out without her lippie on....or maybe she's had one too many coffee and doughnut breaks....ha!
I added the white dots to her dress and bag with my new Pentel gel pen.  I wish my hair looked like this!

I printed the sentiment (comes with the image) and stuck it onto a ticket that was in the freebie set, then added the pearly star.....seemed right for Scarlett.......

The cute little handbag sentiment is from Craftwork Cards, and I pinned it with a tiny pearly stud....you can also get a glimpse of the pink and black checked ribbon.....I used to have a skirt like that, lol.....

I rarely show the insides of my cards, but have noticed that lots of crafters seem to be showin' theirs, and....as my Mam says......there's no show without Punch, so I'm showin' mine, too......ha!

I cut those handbag circles from a piece of paper that was also in the kit....a little piece of card behind them to make them a little sturdier....and Miss Scarlett is set to go!

Do come and join us at the challenge blog.... I'd love to see you there.
And buy a poppy, when you are out and about, to show your appreciation for our Armed Services men and women in the United Kingdom!

hugs,
Anne-Marie x

Challenges:
http://paper-craftingjourney.blogspot.co.uk/  Ribbon/twine (black and pink ribbon)


18 comments:

  1. Wishing you & Derek lots of luck! I remember those poppies from when we would visit Gibraltar ... I still have a few poppy pins around here somewhere! This is such a cute card too. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep warm tonight, Anne-Marie! Got my poppy pinned in my lapel already!

    Love your card - such a fab way to use the handbags and love the layout too!

    Have a great weekend honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun card, Anne-Marie!!
    I hope lots of people donate for poppies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Anne-Marie,love the image and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know where I´m at, and I too see poppies worn every day... better find mine too...
    Mayb we should found a I-need-to-get-started-on-my-Christmas-cards-soon group ? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card!

    I've had so much family serve in various military branches that I ALWAYS buy a poppy when I run across someone with them. Good luck tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Anne-Marie, I do love reading your posts, your always cheer me up! I've been chuckling away here!!
    Your card is fabulous, I love the image with those gorgeous colours and your wonderful detailing.
    I hope you have a good evening with your date!!

    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just Splendid! You have made such a wonderful card! Looks like she loves shopping for purses more than I do for patterned paper! hehehe Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Anne_Marie

    Hugs
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Anne.. Love that image great papers & colour choice.. Good luck with the poppy sales... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, love the soft colours and image on your card. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for leaving such a nice comment on my Christmas Countdown, it is much appreciated! I can see you are an expert card maker!! Great cause selling the poppies, well done you! Cannycrafter x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love that figure of the lady with all the bags. That could be me out shopping! Hope you get lots of crafty things done this week. Sorry cant accept any more g'children got too many of my own! haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Since I'm running behind on my usual visits and posts (among almost every thing else in my life of late), you've had your date with your dashing octogenarian. Hope it was a successful fund raiser for the lads in uniform. You do know that this little image would have done up perfectly for Christmas -- what? You are making all your gifts this year (HA!). However, she is super fantastic as it with such a pretty colour scheme and all those presents for the birthday person. Great use of the various patterned papers -- so lovely and so well coordinated.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous girly card! Great papers and layout :)
    Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers x

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anne-Marie, back again! In the wrong order tho I know and off duty this time!

    Another gorgeous card - love the colours and the image is fab. I can see your challenge being very popular - I can't believe there is anyone out there without patterned paper!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stepping out on your DH were you?? Derek sounds like quite the charmer! We have a similar fundraiser here in the US also with poppies and our family always makes sure to buy a few.

    I LOVE your card, even if it's not Christmassy!! Your fun diva has quite the purse fetish too!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoy your date.. Hope you raise lots of money.. love your glitzy girl.. Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody. Good luck! Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete