Friday 7 September 2012

Sweet as Cherry Pie!

Hi, and welcome!

Don't you just love Fridays?  I do.......there always seems to be a perception that the weekend is goin' to be better than the week we've just had....or is that just me?  

Remember my weight loss challenge?

I DID IT.......WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!

Fourteen and a quarter pounds  gone in the past 5 weeks.....and it feels sooooo good!

It's also goin' to feel so good to get me hot ikkle mitts on the Hubster's promised prize...hahaaaa!.....but, I've decided that I'm going to hold off on the clothes shopping spree for another few weeks.....although, I do need to get meself some shoes and boots.......it is Autumn, after all....which always means a new pair of shoes, at least!

Another great reason to celebrate Friday is that we have a great challenge for you to play in at


We are always excited to have this sponsor plastered across our blog, the super Bugaboo Stamps!  Our randomly drawn challenge winner will receive their choice of 7 Bugaboo images... what an awesome prize!

 Our challenge for you this week has a fun theme for you.... hopefully with a little spring in it's step, or a taste of Autumn.... the theme is

SWEET AS CHERRY PIE!

Basically, we'd like to see your creations that feature anything sweet, whether that be pies, cherries, picnics, baking.......maybe with an autumnal feel.....just go for it!

I love Bugaboo images, so this week I pulled out a real cutie.......I love JJ....she has attitude...hahaaaa!

I started off with a white card base, layered blue card and two designer papers (freebies), and simply lay a pieceof dark brown, spotty ribbon across the join.......

 This sentiment cracks me up....very me!


JJ is coloured up with my usual Promarkers and I'm really likin' this colour combo, lately......I love her expression...speaks volumes...hahaaa!

I didn't add any embellishments because I thought the papers were quite masculine, and didn't need it........haven't shown it, but there's a cute Happy Birthday sentiment, inside.

Okay, now it's over to you.....show us what you can come up with.....you know ya want to!

I'm off to peruse a few shoes!

hugs,

18 comments:

  1. Well done on all that weight loss....your card is gorgeous,love the image and fab design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three cheers for you on reaching your goal!!!!
    I love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, Lass, first on the order is a well deserved pat on the back for sticking to your weight loss program and reaching your goal. I am so very proud of you!

    Second, then, is this adorable card you've made. I am with you on the attitude -- so thankful my Hubby does the cooking -- we'd either starve or go broke eating out all the time as cooking is not my forte! Your colours and patterns are wonderful (and I don't think masculine looking), and I do like the way you've kept the ribbon simple so as not to distract from your wonderful colouring. So, you've now earned a second pat on the back for your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smashing card, great layout. Thanks for joining us at cutie pie challenge, good luck, cheers Sue and Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so much fun, Anne-Marie - love the papers and framed sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card and great image!Thanks for joining us over at Tuesday Alchemy This week!Hugs and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable and I love your color scheme! Thanks so much for joining our "ANYTHING GOES" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sentiment is me to a "T" too. lol Great card and i too love the colour scheme and the image. Agree Bugaboo images are fun and all have attitude, if you ask me.
    Enjoy your clothes shopping. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forgot to say a big congrats on your weight loss too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fabby card, super image and I couldnt agree more with the sentiment xx thank you for joining in with the cutie pies

    ReplyDelete
  11. Massive congratulations on your fantastic weight loss achievement! Blow the wardrobe shopping trip, get crafting supplies! ;-p This is a great cheeky card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anne-Marie, what a wonderful weight loss! Wish I had the will-power and determination to do that, I just moan and then eat more rubbish!

    Fab card as well, love the image.

    Have a great weekend.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOO!HOO! How fabulous that you met your goal AND get new clothes as well!!
    I LOVE this card (I think they used me as the model for this stamp!!) and the funny sentiment goes perfectly with this sassy chef!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done on losing all that weight. Do you get your DH credit card in your little hot mitts!? The card you have made is such fun and appeals to my sense of humour. Actually looking at her closely she has your glasses and same sort of hair do.....it's you isn't it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just fabulous. I love the combination of those patterned papers. And I just couldn't help but chuckle at the awesome sentiment. Thanks very much for joining our challenge at Shelly's Images.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card, love your layout and the papers, thanks for joining our challenge at My mum's craft shop, Gaynor x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous, I love the red & blue together :)
    Have a great week.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. She's awesome Anne-Marie, and I agree with that sentiment 100%! Congrats on the weight loss goal, even though I think the weight came to my house... :/

    ♥ Laura C.

    ReplyDelete