Wednesday 16 November 2011

Christmas Tree DT card

Hello, and welcome!

I'd like to say a big HELLO AND WELCOME to the lovely new people who have recently joined us.....so glad you did....but just remember it was of your own free choice ....haaaaa!

Is it Wednesday?  Don't remember Monday or Tuesday, but my built-in reminder (Dunderstud) tells me it's Wednesday, and who am I to argue?...haaaa!
Good job I got my Design Team creation fixed, then, eh?.......'cos Wednesday is "my" day on Stretch 'n' Bubbles....and guess what?......I also get to do the next few Saturday's too....woohoo!!

This week I've used a really fun image from the store........it's called Tree with Stripes and Heart....maybe because that's exactly what it is....haaaa!
I've been chunnerin' on about not havin' enough Christmas cards made, so this was a great opportunity to add another to the stash....I'm starting to get a bit FREAKED because I've got a list....a looooong list....of peeps who live overseas to send out to.......why did certain members of my extended family feel the need to leave Scotland and land on foreign shores?
Hong Kong...Canada.....America....Australia.....Somerset.......er.....yep, when you live in the North West England, Somerset is foreign, even though it's in Southern England....heehee.....
And even my own dear old Dad couldn't stay put in Bonnie Scotland....so that's why I speak with a Mancunian accent, Luv....haaaahaaaa!

On to the creation......


I found some bits of Hot off the Press papers, left over from last year, and thought they suited this cute tree.......the image reminds me of old-fashioned country Christmases.........all coloured up with the usual Promarkers, except for the star......I used a gold paint pen for that, and it looks much richer "in the flesh"....rubbish photos again...sorry.....

I saw a double wrapped bow on a blog...somewhere I've now forgotten....sigh......and tried to make one using this red raffia....sigh....."tried" is the operative word.....need to practice that one.....but I DO like the ickle metal wreath charm........

Added some red sparkle to some of the trees on the paper border..........

I think the sentiment was a freebie from TLC....just popped it onto a bit of kraft, and inked the edges.....love the vintage look of this......

I have spools and spools of this Crafters Cord and am trying to think of ways to use it......fell back on my usual handstitchin' for this one, though....haaaa!

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments about Taylor's baptism.......she now thinks she's as famous as Lady GaGa....ha!

Bye for now!


Hugs,

15 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous as always Anne-Marie,you certainly have a lot of patience putting all those gems on the trees.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and thanks for joining Crafty Catz this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card, thanks for joining us at CRAFTY CATZ, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor's much cuter than lady GaGa. So is your card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anne-Marie.ooh do love this card .The sentiment tag is beautiful and love the metal charm .Pretty papers too ..
    Snail mail on way to you in the morning .hugs Shirley-Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would agree with B, Much cuter! Love the card, has such a vintage feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh this is one awesome creation, I just love colour theme, fabulous image and just perfectly coloured, its just perfect for our challenge this week,

    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Use a Digi Challenge I hope you can join us again next week


    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. this has a beautiful vintage look & feel to it. absolutely gorgeous!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anne Marie what a great card love it thanks for your great comments on my blog lately sorry haven't been over in a while things seem be a bit hectic and lots of stuff is going missing haha anyway you better get a move on with all those over sea cards not long now OMG take care
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card, sis!!! I'm in awe of all of the hand stitching you did.

    I'm the one who should be freaked about getting more Christmas cards made. I haven't crafted at all in over 3 weeks - not even my dd's birthday card. My mojo went walkabout big time. I've never gone this long without crafting before. Yikes!

    Hugs to you, sis. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty. Love the tree with the heart and star, LOL. it is just what it is! great choice of papers and love your little wreath charm,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab vintage card! Gorgeous papers, I love the red glitter on the Christmas tree border! Your stitching is great, I really like the effect of the glittery cord! Thank you for joining in at Dream Valley!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Ann Marie, love the oldie worldy feel to it too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card. Sort of contemporary and vintage mixed. Lovely. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, has a really great folksy, vintage and homely feel to it :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete