Tuesday 12 February 2013

Love....always!

Hello, and welcome!

We've got  SNOW forecast for tonight and tomorrow.......now, where did I put me sled?
Er.....it's probably in storage with me ballet shoes...hahaaaa!

You can't have failed to have noticed all the Valentine's schtuff that's been knockin' around......since Christmas, here, actually, lol......so I hope you've managed to produce something romantic for at least one loved one.  'Twud be rude not to, after all........ha!

Talking about luuuuurve.........this week's challenge at


is all about 

LOVE
plus
a scripture, or uplifting verse or positive words of healing, encouragement, or support


We are so happy to have the Michelle Perkett Studio joining us with their sponsorship for you! Our random prize winner will receive their choice of one of the images we have showcased for you!


For my DT card, I used the very pretty

It made a nice change to use a sentiment block instead of colouring in something "cute"....not that I don't thoroughly enjoy my little cuties.....but focusing on the sentiment really helped in planning the layout of this card.
I started with a dark cream card base and mounted just one piece of this lovely paper onto it.  I treated my self to this gorgeous paper pad.....Walking in the Forest by Maja Designs.....I got mine from Tracy at Dies to Die For.......

I printed the sentiment block onto some lined and ruled paper, then used Spectrum Noir markers to colour it up.  I cut around the pretty frame, then mounted it onto red card that had been cut with an X-Cut die.
I've talked about friendship, here, several times, and about how much the friendships that I have mean to me.....I find that the above scripture is very apt when it comes to real and abiding friendships, don't you?
It never ceases to amaze me that there is a truth, a comfort, a solution that speaks to every human condition.

This so-pretty die-cut was in the package from Tracy.....she ALWAYS includes some lovely extras.....and was originally lime green pearlescent.....I used one of my markers to change the colour so it would "fit" with the rest of the card.  I liked it so much that I've ordered one....should be here, tomorrow......it's called Fresh Foliage.....yummy! The light blue, sparkly flower was from Papermania, and I added a dark red brad to the centre.....

The border was an off-cut from another project.  It was white, so out came that marker again!  It's half of a Spellbinder's border (can't remember the name...sorry).......

The finished article.

My Teamies, as always, have come up with some wonderful takes on this theme of  LOVE so please pop over and take a look.
I hope you'll join us, this week!

hugs,
Anne-Marie x

Challenges:








10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Anne-Marie,lovely design and layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Anne-Marie. I love the colours you have used together. The sentiment with that wonderful frame is beautiful too.
    Take care if you get that snow!
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super sweet, Anne-Marie. I am so grateful that you were able to stop by this week to share with us!
    Hope you're doing well and having a great week, and that you will be able to stop by again real soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card, Anne-Marie, and how very clever of you to adapt your pieces to your needs. Very nicely done. Lovely colours befitting the lovely sentiment and honouring people who love us because they want to NOT because they have to -- our friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really beautiful card, Anne-Marie! Love how you used the papers and the sweet flower border along the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty!! How smart you are to colour up your embellies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is VERY pretty Anne-Marie! I love everything about it, especially how you made it look as though the sentiment and the die cut behind it look like they belong together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card! The elements are wonderful addition to the dweet sentiment! Thank you for playing in the Timeless Tuesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another lovely card! I really like the leaves with the flower!

    ReplyDelete