Wednesday 29 June 2011

Sweet Anniversary

Hello, and welcome!

Thank you for the birthday wishes.....Doreen, you're just showin' off, lol!

I was supposed to be doin' some crafting today, but other stuff got in the way.....ggrrrrr......but, I do have a card to show...yaaaay!
Almost forgot that I hadn't posted this one, because it was actually given to my daughter (Gillian) and son-in-law (Ian) for their 12th wedding anniversary, 19th June.
It's quite similar to one that I posted a week or so ago, because I liked the layout, and that the sentiment is the focal point......would love to know what you think..........

I wanted the result to be soft and feminine.....yep....I know it's for a couple, and not just the wife, but fellas don't really care about the details.....or do they?....correct me if I'm wrong, lol........and Gillian is very girlie, in a soft and graceful way........

The sentiment is a TLC freebie, which I cut with a Nestie, inked with PM Soft Green, and yep....ModPodged around the edge....same with the label underneath..........the heart was black, so I ModPodged away, heehee......

I thought this second freebie (freebie from McMahon Designs) was perfect for the card, and I cut with a Nestie, coloured around the edge with Soft Peach PM, and Soft Green.......MPodged as per.........

I would love to say that I doodled these gorgeous flowers, but they were yet another freebie digi....again, sorry, not sure where from.....let me know if you recognise 'em, so I can give due credit, because I think they are delightful........coloured as above, and glittered as above.  Have I ever mentioned that the famous MP gives a kind of thickness to the paper, so the image becomes more substantial...that stuff is miraculous, lol.........used a Martha Stewart border punch, inked........

I like the contrast to the soft colours that the black and white gingham ribbon gives...........the pins were clear crystal topped, so coloured with a black Sharpie...........

How d'ya like the ickle butterfly? I won her, and three other fabby digis, from http://deliciousdoodles.blogspot.com/.  I coloured and glittered as above, and thought she looked lovely in that corner, lol!

By the way, the DPs are from a WR Memorykeepers stack that I found for £1 at T.K.Max, when we were in Cornwall....bargain!
Hopin' to get at least one card made tomorrow....can somebody please come and stand guard on my porch......must do somethin' about that flashin' light that goes off, every time I step into my craft room!!
See you later,

Challenges:
Anything goes
Flowers

 


Hugs,
Anne-Marie x


15 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Anne-Marie.I love what you have done with the flowers,I have never used mod podge might have to give it a try.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome hun! I hope they liked it, I sure do!!
    Do you mind if I snag it for the DD Blog, customer submissions post, at the beginning of July?
    Many thanks!
    Teri x
    (aka Delicious Doodles)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh good golly! this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! i love, love, love those colors! those flowers are just stunning and i love how you popped them up. i just love this card!!! LOVE IT!

    unless you're 60 (and don't you dare tell me you are because you don't even look like you're 50 yet) you cannot come to fogey lunch. but hey, you and i can do our own lunch!!!!! ANYTIME SUGAR!!!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card ,such a pretty colour combo.thanks for playing along at I ♥ promarkers -Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom, did I tell you when my anniversary is?

    I can testify to the wonders of your Mod Podge - still have to get out and see if it is around over here. Love it all and make sure you mark your calendar for mine. Just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way - how was your anniversary?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, love the sentiments, I saw your card on Make It Monday, came for a closer look - good luck,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne Marie, your card is Totally Gorgeous.. love the details especially the butterfly.
    Good Luck!
    -Sony

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ann-Marie, Beautiful card love those flowers! I'm a new follower and can't wait to see what you create next:)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sentiments, and so very true, love the colour combo and the flowers and butterfly are just gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ann-Marie, Another beautiful card! The flowers and butterfly are delightful and the sentiments really lovely. I'm now following, too. Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and gorgeous sentiments. Love the details and the butterflies and stamped flowers look amazing.

    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful.... such detail! I love it!
    hugs and blessings,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a pretty card Ann- Marie. I love your colour co-ordinated papers and embellishments, they work so well together. i saw your card on the Make it Monday blog.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete